Saturday, May 16, 2015

How I: Deal with [It]


Life can get so complicated sometimes that I'd rather have a manual laid out in front of me. But, what's the fun in that? Nonetheless, there are some things I do just so I can sleep at night and wake up  hustlin' the next day.


1. How I deal with: Toxic 


From friends to food, toxic are people/things I do not want to associate myself with. To me, these things got to go. So, like I've mentioned in my previous post (You have the Power), I remove them. Easier for objects than for friends though because objects are things that you may not have emotional attachments for but with friends that are toxic, a lot more work and thoughts' needed but eventually, the ball is in your court. And for me, that ball's out.


2. How I deal with: Self-esteem


Truth be told, I'm still struggling with this. With the advancement in technology in this day and age, it's almost impossible to escape from the world's standard of beauty. You know the drill (cue the slogans), Tumblr girls rule the world. They'd be getting 1000+ likes in a matter of seconds on Instagram and hell, they look amazing. But then you look at yourself (or me at myself) and BAM reality. 

But you have the choice. To love yourself first above all else. Accept your body and your issues. Embrace them and work on them. Always, all day. Go out, exercise. Eat that McDonald burger you want but also eat in moderation. Do what you want and do things that you know will be good for you - your body will thank you for it. Heck! You were born into it. Take care of it. OWN IT.


3. How I deal with: Stress


I run. I sleep. I procrastinate. I'm stressed.

So then I fall into this frenzy of a high where I make to-do notes and tackle them head on. Better late than never, right?

No comments: